Our first SOUP is on 1st October 2015 from 6pm at Impact Hub Birmingham.
- Join us for a public soup dinner!
- Pay a suggested donation of £5 or more.
- Learn about creative projects happening in Birmingham.
- Vote on which project to fund with the money raised from the dinner.
The goal of Birmingham SOUP is to offer a safe space where people can gather and share a meal to encourage conversation, relationship building and resource sharing while supporting creative community projects in Birmingham. We want to be democratic, creative, sustainable and inclusive.
SOUP is a great way to raise money, build community support and get connections to local resources that can help you carry out your project.
If you would like to pitch a proposal for the first ever Birmingham SOUP please take a moment to read our rules and application process info below before submitting your form.
Deadline for submissions is Thursday 17th September 12 noon.
We only have 2 Rules:
-The idea must benefit the Birmingham community, we want to be democratic, creative, sustainable and inclusive.
– You can not use PowerPoint to Present your project
The Birmingham SOUP project pitching process…
- Your proposal should be short, quick and to the point!
- Your idea can be about ANYTHING!
- The idea must benefit Birmingham.
- There is no age limit on applications and you do not need a bank account
- When you hit the word “submit” a screen will prompt you that we received your application and it is being processed.
- If your idea doesn’t get selected for this months soup SUBMIT AGAIN NEXT TIME! Only 4 submissions are chosen to share at each SOUP, so sadly not everyone gets through.
- Save your work. Save it in case you want to resubmit later.
- Anything you submit (except for your contact details) will be used either online or at the dinner, so make sure you edit, look for spelling errors, etc.
- We DO NOT use technology to present, no powerpoint – we just hear from the people and their ideas. Each project has 5 minutes to present their idea to the dinner and could go home with all the door money to start things off!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need help in filling out the application form.