Join us for an all-ages #BrumSOUP lunch this Saturday at Impact Hub Birmingham.
SATURDAY 21st MAY, 2016
Doors open 11am, project pitches at 12noon, food served 1pm, finish 2pm. A £5+ suggested adult donation (£1 per child) at the door gets you entry, a vote for 1-of-4 worthy community projects and some tasty food offerings.
No need to RSVP just turn up on the day. Children’s play area available (children must be supervised).
Cauliflower & Roasted Red Pepper Soup
5 x red bell peppers
1 x large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
2 x onions, chopped
2 x cloves of garlic, crushed
1 x tbsp of rapeseed oil
1 x pinch of red pepper flakes
1 x tsp paprika or smoked paprika
1 x litre of stock (chicken or vegetable)
Crumbled goats cheese, optional
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
1. Slice the red peppers in half, lengthwise and remove the seeds and pith. Toss the cauliflower florets and peppers in olive oil and place them on a baking sheet with the peppers sliced side down. Put them both in the preheated oven. Roast them for about 30 minutes until they are nice and soft and the red pepper skins are a bit blackened.
2. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a large saucepan and put in the chopped onion and garlic. Season with some salt and pepper and stir them until they are tender. Add the red pepper flakes and paprika and let it infuse into the onions and garlic for about a minute or two.
3. Once the red peppers and cauliflower are out of the oven, add them straight to the saucepan, including the cooking juices. Then add the stock and let it come to a simmer. Leave to cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Puree with a hand blender until you have the consistency you prefer.
5. Serve with a garnish of crumbled goats cheese.
SOUPER HEROES WANTED
Do you care about Birmingham? Want to help awesome projects make a difference to our community? Have skills in social media, admin, events or outreach?
Birmingham SOUP are recruiting, all ages welcome, do you want to join the volunteer team?
We’re having a SOUP Open Meeting on 21st May from 2.30-3.30pm (post-SOUP) at Impact Hub Birmingham, Walker Building, 58 Oxford Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 5NR.
At the meeting you can hear all about SOUP, how we organise ourselves and our future plans – including SOUP in a School and our Recipe Zines. We’d love to have you!
Have any questions? Get in touch e: email@example.com